Doors Open Mississauga 2014
The 11th Annual Doors Open Mississauga event is organized by the Culture Division of the City of Mississauga. Doors Open Mississauga will be held on Saturday, September 27th, 2014, 10am to 4pm, at various venues across the City. Many sites across the city will be open to the public free of charge.
Heritage Mississauga will be participating in Doors Open at the Small Arms Plant in Lakeview along with the Small Arms Society.
Location: 1352 Lakeshore Road (at Dixie Road)
The Small Arms Society predicts this will be the biggest event they have held to date. Visit with artisans, authors, science and technology partners, and get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see the tunnel of the Hanlan Feedermain from a raised platform.
Heritage Mississauga is proud to be a partner in this year’s Small Arms Society Doors Open event, which will provide a number of exciting visitor experiences:
1. The second in the Heritage Mississauga’s comic book series The Grange will be launched. Meet Spent Pencils the creative team behind the comic, and get your own autographed copy of the latest edition.
2. Frog in Hand are well known for their creative use of multi-disciplinary performances in unusual spaces and will be presenting their latest stage show on the former factory shop floor.
3. The Lorne Scots Regimental Museum will be displaying artefacts
4. Thompson’s Company of the 1812 Second York Regiment will practice their drills, fire their muskets and host an encampment.
5. Heritage Mississauga will showcase exhibits on the First World War, "Mississauga Remembers" videos and Powerpoint presentations throughout the day.
To see a complete list of the sites open for Doors Open Mississauga please visit the website at: